Purpose of Position
The purpose of this position is to provide Mental Health and Substance Use Intervention services for Jefferson County Human Services consumers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all- inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Performs crisis risk assessments / suicide risk assessments, evaluates client’s safety to self and others through clinical interview and develops crisis plans and safety plans with the consumer to meet their safety needs.
- Provides ongoing assessments, responding to crisis situations and linking consumer with resources in the community and other agency resources and develops and implements crisis plan determining effective strategies and interventions.
- Performs bio psycho-social assessments for mental health and substance use consumers and diagnosis the consumer for mental health and substance use, under the direction of the medical director.
- Provides case management as identified in the psycho-social assessment. Provides psychiatric medication case management under the supervision of the psychiatrist.
- Performs individual and group psychotherapy for child welfare children and adults both within the outpatient clinic and the CCS program.
- Maintains knowledge of the applicable statutes, administrative codes, agency policies and procedures, administering substance use treatment per DHS 75 and mental health treatment per DHS 34 and 35. Adheres to the code of ethics standards.
- Completes progress notes that meet MA guidelines and reviews for compliance and quality assurance.
- Completes legal paperwork as needed for civil commitments, guardianship’s, protective placements, or other legal proceedings for court. Completes accurate and timely documentation.
- Consults with medical director and supervisor regarding emergency or complex issues, consumer progress in treatment and questions of policy and procedure. Participates in clinical supervision with supervisor and medical director.
- Practices competent motivational interviewing techniques, if applicable.
- Supports and enhances a trauma-informed care environment.
- Completes annual compliance training and adheres to Human Services compliance policies and procedures.
- Complies with County HIPAA Policies and Procedures, if applicable.
- Adheres to and promotes safety as a priority in the workplace.
- Demonstrates dependable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as may develop.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field, 2 years’ experience and Professional Licensure.
Preferred Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field, 4 years’ experience and Professional Licensure.
Other Requirements – Certificates/Licensures
- Valid driver’s license.
- Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
- Substance Abuse Counseling Certification preferred.
- Trauma Informed Care training preferred.
Organization: Jefferson County Human Services
Job Location: Jefferson County