Be the first point of contact at our 24-hour secured entrance for residents, volunteers, emergency
personnel and others. Become part of a vibrant team committed to working together to strengthen the
families using our services.
Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS) empowers those affected by domestic violence and
advocates for social change through support, education, and outreach. DAIS envisions a nonviolent
community that actively promotes safety, peace, justice, and hope.
About the Position:
• Manage building access at our 24-hour secured entrance
• Monitor security systems
• Respond to client’s questions and needs
• Investigate disturbances
• Respond calmly in emergency situations
• Current openings are primarily for weekend and overnight coverage as well as weekday and
holiday coverage as needed
• $15.60/hour, 10-19 hours/week, 75¢ shift differential for overnight shifts.
Why Should You Apply?
• Help make a difference in our community and the lives of our residents and clients
• Maintain the safety of our shelter as you greet everyone as they arrive and depart
Who are we looking for?
• High school graduates or equivalent
• Someone who can effectively handle crisis situations
• Someone who can maintain professional boundaries
• Our clients come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re
confident about what you could accomplish here, and you meet the minimum requirements
of the position, we’d love to hear from you.
• DAIS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Persons of color and LGBTQIA+
individuals are encouraged to apply, as the strength of our team stems from our diversity.
How to Apply:
• Submit the following 3 things:
1) Cover Letter – tell us a little about yourself
2) Resume – tell us what you’ve done in the past
• Application and complete instructions can be found on our website
• Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled.
Organization: Domestic Abuse Intervention Services
Job Location: Madison, WIRead the full article at: https://abuseintervention.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/SOA-Online-Job-ad-1.pdf