The Program & Policy Analyst is responsible for:
- Assisting bureau, division and department management in identifying, analyzing and developing necessary policy changes to meet state or federal mandates and/or serve the needs of program members;
- Working with department information systems staff, as well as external contractors, to assure that the systems necessary to implement program policy are properly developed;
- Coordinating program design and implementation activities with other bureau, division and department staff;
- Developing detailed and comprehensive program development and/or evaluation plans;
- Serving as a policy expert and providing technical advice to DHS colleagues, income maintenance agencies, managed care organizations, and other stakeholders; and
- Developing and maintaining policy resources, such as handbooks, forms and publications.
Pay for this position is between $31.00 and $37.00 per hour (approximately between $64,480 and $76,960 per year) depending on qualifications, plus excellent benefits. A 12-month probationary period is required. This position is in pay schedule and range 07/03.
Pay for current or former state employees will be based on the rules that apply to compensation for the applicable transaction.