Job Summary: The Supported Employment and Educational Specialist is responsible for providing community-based, recovery-focused, vocational, and educational support services to adults and youth with serious mental health and substance use challenges. These services include vocational and educational counseling and support, assessment, skills training, and problem solving. Supported Employment and Educational Specialists develop relationships with local businesses, advisors, and educators and communicate regarding participant’s performance and goals. Our Supported Employment and Educational Specialists work with other treatment providers to coordinate services and develop person-centered treatment plans. They are responsible for keeping all documentation accurate and up to date, including progress notes, vocational assessments, hour logs, and releases of information. Chrysalis utilizes the evidence based practice, Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model of Supported Employment, please visit www.ipsworks.org to learn more.
- Strong commitment to principles of recovery and person-centered services.
- Experience working with individuals who have persistent mental health and substance use challenges.
- Lived experience with mental health or substance use challenges.
- Ability to evaluate and problem solve about mental health and job-related concerns.
- Sensitivity to the needs of underserved adults and youth with multiple barriers to employment.
- Knowledge of mental health and vocational rehabilitation systems in Dane County.
- Ability to create and maintain professional boundaries.
- Valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle to use for work, and current automobile insurance.
- Creativity, organization, efficiency, flexibility and ability to take initiative; must be able to work independently.
- Masters Degree in Social Work, Rehabilitation Psychology, Psychology, Youth Services & Education, Behavioral Health, Human Services, or related field.
- Previous experience working in employment/educational support and employment placements
Work Environment: Staff provide the majority (65%) of services in the community, not limited to homes, treatment centers and participant’s place of employment. Staff travel throughout Dane County and transport participants when appropriate. Staff have an office space from which to work and collaborate/communicate with colleagues. Each day can look different based on specific job responsibilities and participant’s needs. Proof of up-to-date COVID vaccinations required. Accommodations are available upon request.
Population Served: Chrysalis participants have a wide array of different backgrounds and experiences. Staff are expected to be comfortable and culturally competent to work with individuals with a variety of identities. For example, and not limited to:
- Mental Health and Substance Use
- Criminal Backgrounds
- Multi-cultural identities
- Adults and youth
- Varied Levels of Engagement in Services
Chrysalis practices the following recovery principles;
- Participants determine their own path.
- Participants can and do overcome obstacles.
- Recovery focuses on people’s entire lives, including mind, body, spirit and community.
- Peer Support or mutual support plays an important role in recovery.
- There are multiple pathways to recovery based on participant’s unique strengths, preferences, experiences and cultural backgrounds.
- Recovery isn’t a step-by-step process, but one based on continual growth, occasional setbacks and learning from experience.
Chrysalis works to address inequities and oppression in our community by promoting the following values;
- Celebrating the strengths that come from diverse experiences and preferences.
- Welcoming anyone at any stage in their mental health recovery journey.
- Recognizing people have the power to reach their individual goals and grow in various aspects of their life.
- Promoting inclusivity in the community by supporting meaningful work opportunities, and partnerships.
- Utilizing cultural humility to provide appropriate interventions that support the recovery and healing of those we serve.
Hours: 8:30-4:30, Monday – Friday; flexible scheduling available, occasional evenings and weekends (to provide job support to participants who work outside of the regular work week)
Employee Status: Exempt – Salaried
Salary: $45,000 – $50,000 annual compensation (commensurate with qualifications/experience)
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off Package
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible scheduling
- Training opportunities and professional development
- Clinical supervision hours available for LPC & LCSW licensure requirements
- Mileage reimbursement
Please send your resume AND cover letter to:
Amy Holste, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications due by: August 26th, 2022 **Interviews starting August 15th
Preferred start: Mid-September – Early October
Our office is centrally located downtown at 1342 Dewey Court, Madison, WI 53703
Chrysalis is rooted in equitable hiring practices and committed to creating a community workplace where diverse lived experiences are welcomed and celebrated. Belonging and empowerment are the result of our collective and continuous acts of listening and engagement in inclusive practices to support a thriving community.
Location: Madison, WI