We have an opening for a Clinica Latina Mental Health Therapist in our Outpatient Services program! The Clinica Latina Mental Health Therapist (CSII) position is responsible for providing a wide array of culturally sensitive, recovery oriented, trauma sensitive, direct clinical services including assessment, counseling, supportive contacts and referrals serving individuals who are struggling with mental health, substance use and co-occurring issues. The Clinica Latina department is a preference-based mental health and substance abuse treatment program for individuals who identify as a person of color and speak Spanish. The program offers individual and group mental health and substance abuse treatment as well as case management and partnering with Dane county organizations involved in the Latine community.
FOLLOWING IS ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The Clinica Latina Mental Health Therapist reports directly to the assigned supervisor with overall program supervision provided by Director of Clinic Based Programs. Minimum annual service hours are 1352. This position is included in the Professional Bargaining Unit.
- Master’s Degree in a related behavioral health field, accruing 3,000 hours of supervised clinical experience.
- 1 year of experience in related behavioral health field.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish.
- Commitment to work toward improving cultural sensitivity.
- Strong commitment to principles of recovery and to facilitating consumer participation in treatment/service planning and provision.
- Knowledge and/or experience with the use of evidence based practices for treatment of substance use disorders and co-occurring disorders.
- Experience in community-based mental health and co-occurring assessments, case management, treatment planning and crisis resolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing).
- Ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary team with a positive and creative attitude.
- Ability to work independently and remain organized and efficient.
- Superior ethics and interpersonal boundaries as evidenced by past experience in community based work with related professional references.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, a favorable driving record, adequate insurance (per WI law) and access to a vehicle with willingness to use it for work (i.e. transporting consumers.
- Bi-lingual, and/or bi-cultural (Hmong/Cambodian).
- Fluent in American Sign Language.
- Licensure as a Substance Abuse Counselor in Training, Clinical Substance Abuse Counselor or Substance Abuse Counselor.
A. Provision of Clinical Services
- Performs accurate assessments to evaluate and diagnose mental health and/or co-occurring issues in a culturally sensitive, recovery oriented, trauma sensitive manner by providing assessments within the context of the consumer’s perspectives and beliefs.
- Provides a range of clinical services including level of care assessment, service coordination, therapy/counseling, support and referrals in a context that is supportive of the consumer’s culture, values and perspectives.
- Completes accurate clinical records including intakes, assessments, treatment plans and updates, progress notes, discharge summaries and other information in a timely manner.
- Works collaboratively with other community agencies to develop and maintain a continuum of care and maintain efficient use of community services.
- Provides consultation and support related to areas of specialization.
- Attends Team Meetings and presents consumer cultural and clinical information.
- Maintains minimum direct and case management service hour expectations.
- Works collaboratively with team members and takes a leadership role in service planning.
B. Program and JMHC Participation
- Attends staff meetings, in-services and other program activities as requested.
- Participates in JMHC committees, trainings and activities as directed and/or approved.
- Provides consultation to other JMHC programs as necessary.
Organization: Journey Mental Health Center
Job Location: Madison, WIRead the full article at: https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/69077604?pc=5A84579C10