If you are looking for a career helping families who have experienced homelessness in our community and truly making a difference in people’s lives, then we would love to talk to you! The Road Home Dane County is currently recruiting for a Housing Case Manager to join our professional team in providing opportunities for homeless children and their families to achieve self-determined goals and affordable, stable housing.
In addition to a great work atmosphere, The Road Home offers competitive wages and benefits, including medical insurance coverage effective on your first day of full time employment.
Position description: Provides direct service to homeless or formerly homeless families in the areas of assessment, referral, case planning, advocacy, transportation, emotional support and practical assistance.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Function
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Meet with adults and children in home on a regular basis
- Provide support and resources to empower families to reach goals related to housing, employment and other identified needs
- Facilitate referrals for both adults and children
- Regularly evaluate progress on case goals
- Provide mediation and advocacy with landlords on the client’s behalf to develop a workable plan to obtain and/or maintain housing; serve as an ongoing liaison between property managers, neighbors, and participants
- Attend regular supervision, case management meetings, and relevant trainings
- Assist participants in locating and securing housing of their choice, when needed
- Assess housing strengths and barriers of families experiencing homelessness to determine housing and service needs
- Provide information and referral assistance regarding available support from appropriate social service agencies and/or community programs
- Apply knowledge of residential lease contracts to educate clients of their rights and responsibilities.
- Attend regular meetings with other service providers to share information and resources
- Work with colleagues from other agencies on joint projects as approved by supervisor
- Note all client interactions in client files in a timely manner
- Record all hours on Time and Activity report
- Maintain case notes of participant meetings and record participant services in the Homeless Management Information System
- Ensure program compliance with client documentation/reporting standards with agency policy/procedures
- Ensure confidentiality of all client records and information
- Report monthly, quarterly and annual statistics to appropriate funding sources
- Meet weekly with Housing Manager for supervision
- Teamwork orientation, detail-oriented, time management, client focus, good oral and written communication, flexibility, organizational skills, strong professional boundaries, cultural awareness, Housing First, Trauma Informed Care and Harm Reduction philosophy, ability to network and build relationships with various social service agencies and/or community programs.
Required Education and Experience
- A Social Work or related degree OR previous experience working with people experiencing homelessness or lived experience of homelessness.
- Experience engaging with a diverse population
- Computer experience, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Driver’s License – Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license, maintain automobile insurance coverage and have access to an automobile. May be required to use personal vehicle to transport clients.
- Spanish speakers strongly encouraged to apply
Hours: This is a full-time position and core hours and days are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., requiring occasional evening and weekend hours.
To apply go to: https://trhome.isolvedhire.com/jobs/568412.html
Organization: The Road Home
Job Location: Madison, WI
Read the full article at: https://trhome.isolvedhire.com/jobs/568412.html