Job Title: Case Manager – My Home Your Home (SPC)
Reports To: Lead Case Manager – My Home Your Home (SPC)
FLSA Status: Full-time/Salaried
This position is responsible for the coordination, planning and implementation of services for My Home Housing Program participants. The position reports to the My Home Lead Case Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing a monthly (at minimum) 2 home visit with each client.
- Performing assessments and creating service plans with clients.
- Assisting mobility-impaired clients with shopping and errands.
- Assisting clients with moving to and from rented units.
- Communicating and meeting with clients’ collateral contacts.
- Assisting clients with budgeting and money management.
- Referring clients to appropriate resources.
- Assisting clients with job seeking and resume writing.
- Assisting clients with obtaining SSI/SSDI benefits.
- Developing and maintaining therapeutic relationships with clients.
- Ensuring that clients are following the rules of the program.
- Documenting every contact with clients in the clients’ files.
- Performing on-going paperwork as required by the Guest House and Milwaukee County Special Needs Housing Programs.
- Obtaining and maintaining necessary client paperwork.
- Performing referral and exit paperwork for clients.
- Checking both voicemail and e-mail regularly.
- Coordinating and delivering needed donations to clients.
- Maintaining relationships with landlords and responding to clients’ needs by communicating with landlords.
- Utilizing training opportunities offered by the Guest House.
- Participating in an annual evaluation with the Lead Case Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Case Manager, Director of Housing and Executive Director.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with utilizing community resources.
- Ability to communicate clearly through both verbal and written forms.
- Ability to write professional and technical documents.
- Computer proficiency, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to plan, implement and follow through with projects relating to the position.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to provide case management for eligible, targeted population.
- Understanding of building management issues, landlord/tenant relations and housing contracts and leases.
- Understanding of issues relating to homelessness, mental illness and substance abuse.
- Previous experience in case management or a related social services position preferred.
- Previous crisis prevention and intervention training desired.
- Maintain a valid Wisconsin driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation in compliance with agency requirements.
Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services or a related field preferred.
All Guest House of Milwaukee employees are required to report their COVID vaccination status, whether vaccinated or not, and must provide supporting documentation if vaccinated. Newly hired employees will be required to submit this information within their first two weeks of employment.
The Guest House of Milwaukee is an equal opportunity employer and service provider. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Organization: Guest House of Milwaukee, Inc.
Job Location: Milwaukee, WIRead the full article at: https://www.jobsthathelp.com/job/guest-house-of-milwaukee-my-home-housing-case-manager-sep/