LOV Inc. is a small but rapidly growing nonprofit organization based in Madison, Wisconsin. Our mission is to unite people with developmental disabilities and their families to engage and build their best lives. Our staff is dedicated and focused on doing the best work we can each day. As we continue to grow, we are looking to bring in a professional who can coordinate our education and outreach efforts. This is a flexible position, which can be full or part time, and work can be in-person or hybrid. The most important quality is that you are passionate about LOV Inc.’s mission and equipped to coordinate a robust educational program.
The Education and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for creating, coordinating, and executing an education and outreach plan for individuals with disabilities and their families. Our education program includes workshops, learning events for parents, and customized educational materials. Our outreach efforts include planning and facilitating social activities for youth and adults with disabilities and peer support groups. In addition to our standing programming, this role has room to develop and design novel programs and outreach efforts to meet the needs of our participants. This position will report to the Executive Director of LOV Inc., but will also work closely with other team members.
- Experience in education and outreach, including facilitation of diverse groups of learners
- Demonstrated proficiency in curriculum development and project management
- Excellent interpersonal skills emphasizing tact and empathy and experience with individuals with disabilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to balance many projects and priorities at once
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team, with an open, positive attitude
- Proficient in basic office software and an ability to quickly learn new programs
- A strong belief in the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Coordinate and facilitate Moving On and Fearless Future workshops, both virtually and in
- Coordinate all details related to education and outreach projects and events, including events for families, young adults with disabilities, events for families and children with disabilities and community engagement
- Coordinate the updating of educational materials and oversee the development of new materials
- Develop an annual outreach plan and coordinate execution of the plan in partnership with LOV Inc. Admin team and the Education and Outreach Action Team
- Coordinate and facilitate regular meetings with the Education and Outreach Action Team
- Other duties as assigned
- Work can be full or part time
- Work can be in-person or hybrid
- Work schedule is flexible, as long as responsibilities are fulfilled and deadlines are met
- Some evening and weekend events are expected
- Some travel is expected within the state of Wisconsin
Salary and Benefits
- Salary is negotiable and based on experience as well as full or part time status
- Employees working half-time or more have access to great benefits including: health, dental, and vision insurance, short-term disability, paid time off and pet insurance. Full time employees (30+ hours/week) recieve all of those benefits plus 401(k), flex spending and health savings account options.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter by 5 p.m. on October 21, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position will start in November 2022
Organization: LOV Inc.
Job Location: Madison, WI