We are seeking a Social Worker to:
- Support patients diagnosed with lung cancer and Sickle Cell Disease.
- Evaluate complex patient and family situations which have legal, ethical and psychosocial components.
- Support the Carbone Cancer Center in assessing for Social Determinants of Health to provide resources that will enhance engagement of patients and families.
- Network proactively with and demonstrate a working knowledge of community resources.
- Engage patient/family in the treatment and decision-making process with respect to patient rights, principles of confidentiality, respect for patient privacy, and right to self-determination.
- Document and verbally communicate all assessments, interventions, and clinical services provided to reflect case activity.
Minimum – Master’s Degree in Social Work
Preferred – Two (2) years prior hospital based social work experience OR Two (2) years prior hospital or community-based social work experience if supporting the HIV Clinic
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum – Licensed in the state of Wisconsin with one of the following within 90 days of hire:
- Certified Advanced Practice Social Worker (CAPSW)
- Certified Independent Social Worker (CISW)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Work Schedule: 100% FTE, 40 hours per week. Scheduled shifts are Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
Organization: UW Health
Job Location: Middleton, WI