Position Opening – Crisis Intervention Coordinator (Full-Time)
Pay: $40-45,000/year based on experience & qualification + benefits*
*Benefit package includes:
- Generous PTO accrual (20 hours/month, increases after year two)
- 10 paid holidays/year
- DAIS pays 80% of health & dental insurance premiums
- Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Short-term & Long-term Disability plans
- Employee Assistance Program (free legal, financial & work-life services)
- 401(k) plan
- Investments in Professional Development & Training
- Flexible work environment based on job duties including blended/hybrid remote work options
Build upon your experience working with victims of trauma and lead our team of dedicated staff and volunteers serving those affected by domestic violence. You will coordinate our 24/7 Help Line, support group services and community partnership programs that serve as entry points into DAIS for individuals seeking support, resources and safety planning.
Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS) empowers those affected by domestic violence and advocates for social change through support, education, and outreach. DAIS envisions a nonviolent community that actively promotes safety, peace, justice, and hope.
- Provide trauma-informed direct services to those affected by domestic violence
- Provide leadership, coaching, supervision and support to staff and volunteers
- Ensure continuous coverage for crisis intervention programs during all shifts
- Collaborate across program areas to provide effective and responsive 24/7 crisis intervention services
- Identify, cultivate & steward partnerships with external groups (e.g. law enforcement) to enhance service delivery.
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. You don’t need 100% of the preferred qualifications to add incredible value to our team. Our clients come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, and you meet the minimum requirements of the position, we’d love to hear from you. Persons of color and LGBTQIA+ individuals are encouraged to apply, as the strength of our team stems from our diversity. DAIS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
- Minimum of three years of experience providing supervision and support to staff, volunteers and/or student interns.
- Experience working with victims of trauma and their children
- Proven track record in program coordination and knowledge of community resources in Dane County
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance with access to vehicle during work hours
- A four-year college or university degree is preferred though relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Hmong preferred)
How to apply:
- Submit the following 3 things:
✓ Cover letter – tell us a little about yourself
✓ Resume – tell us what you’ve done in the past
✓ DAIS Application for Employment – found on our website https://abuseintervention.org/jobs/
- Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Complete applications may be submitted:
- Via email as an attachment to: email@example.com
- Via our website: https://abuseintervention.org/jobs/
- Via fax or US Mail (address & fax number available on website)
Organization: Domestic Abuse Intervention Coordinator
Job Location: Madison, WIRead the full article at: https://abuseintervention.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Crisis-Intervention-Coordinator-Job-Summary-10.2022.pdf