Come join our team at The Salvation Army Wisconsin & Upper Michigan Division!
For 130 years, The Salvation Army of Dane County has offered spiritual ministry, social services, and youth programs to thousands of Dane County residents, without discrimination. We currently serve the most vulnerable members of our community through a wide range of programs, as well as extensive case management services. While we strive to provide compassionate care and a primary goal of all of our programs and services is to improve the life skills and circumstances of those we serve. If you want to help make a difference by serving your community and helping those in need, apply now!
The Case Manager II assesses client needs, abilities and strengths; facilitates development of client case plans and monitoring to determine progress both individually and as a program. Networks with other agencies to identify and collaborate with resource development and delivery.
About the role:
- Assess clients for needs and ability to move toward independence.
- Develop and maintain a case management plan for each client, which includes outcomes to evaluate, client responsibilities and accountability for all associated with the plan.
- Maintain a caseload of housing clients as assigned.
- Meet with clients to monitor progress regularly, including making home visits as needed. Maintain paper and electronic client records.
- Provide referrals to internal and community-based services through a holistic approach.
- Works with Social Services Department in arranging and conducting group meetings to provide educational opportunities for current program participants.
- Ensures housing services are maintained and properly recorded electronically to ensure monthly statistics are accurate.
- Assist with gathering data for funding purposes.
- Attend in-house committee meetings, community meetings, and boards as assigned by the supervisor.
- Responds to after-hours calls from the shelter and/or housing program for emergency issues.
Education: Bachelor’s in social work, human services, psychology, sociology, or criminal justice.
Experience: Three years social work experience. Management experience helpful.
Certifications: Valid Wisconsin Driver’s license with approval to drive from The Salvation Army’s insurance. Must obtain the Territorial Caseworker Certification within one year of hire.
Who we are:
Our Mission: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Our message is based on the Bible. Our ministry is motivated by the love of God. Our mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human need in His name without discrimination.
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army’s brand promises to Do the Most Good® – and it’s our employees that help us get there. At every level, you can have a real impact on your community through the work done inside our walls every day.
We are as impassioned about our employees as we are about our mission to help anyone in need without discrimination. Our culture reflects this quality, which makes our offices a seriously great place to work. Just walk inside our doors and you’ll quickly see that our employees are proud to support programs that make a difference.
The Salvation Army recognizes that peace of mind is important to employees and their families. Because of this, we offer :
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible schedules and a casual dress environment
- Generous paid time off benefits (vacation, sick time, personal time, and 11 paid holidays)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program, providing 24/7 support, resources, and referrals to help you in your work and personal life
- Insurance benefits: excellent health, dental, vision, life, disability
- Discounts available for pet insurance, auto insurance, and home insurance
Full-time employees scheduled to work 30 or more hours per week will be eligible for full benefits, including health, dental, vision and hearing benefits, basic and voluntary life benefits, holiday pay and paid time off, which is pro-rated based on their regularly scheduled work week.
Exempt Employees: Health, dental, vision, and hearing benefits, as well as basic and voluntary life benefits, will begin on the first day of the month following 30 days of employment.
Organization: The Salvation Army
Job Location: Madison, WIRead the full article at: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1177315&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000891068406&_fromPublish=true