As a member of the Records team, the Health Information Specialist (RCT) performs all duties involved in maintaining clinical records in compliance with statutes, standards, policies, and procedures. This position reports to the assigned supervisor with overall program supervision by the Director.
You can read about the many benefits of working at JMHC on our careers page.
Journey Mental Health Center (JMHC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the agency’s belief that staff diversity and cultural humility are the foundation for services, which are accessible, effective, and relevant to the diverse needs of our consumers.
- Relevant medical/clinical records experience
- Knowledge of confidentiality laws governing medical/clinical records
- Knowledge of medical records and electronic health records
- Good judgment, organization, and high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member
- Commitment to achieving cultural diversity and inclusion
- Computer proficiency
Typical Physical Demands
Requires sitting, standing, light lifting, bending, and reaching; and the ability to use and operate standard office equipment including computer, calculator, telephone, printer, cell phone, facsimile, etc.
- Bilingual, and/or bi-cultural (Spanish/Hmong/Cambodian)
- Mail processing experience
- Participate in team decision making
- Assist in daily priority setting of tasks
- Assist in training of personnel
B. Records Systems
- Assist staff with clinical records
- Retrieve and re-shelve paper records (as needed)
- Scan and file consumer information
- Maintain and ensure the protection of sequestered records
- Assist in chart audits and reviews
- Coordinate systems for records storage
C. Release of Information
- Respond to questions regarding confidentiality and the process for release of information
- Process requests
D. Mail Processing
- Sort and deliver incoming mail
- Enter checks, money orders and cash received into database
- Sort and meter outgoing mail
Participate in JMHC committees, trainings and activities as directed and/or approved
The above statements are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list but are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by this employee.
Organization: Journey Mental Health Center
Location: Madison, WIRead the full article at: https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/71034934?pc=1888A65507