The 1st shift Jail Screening Specialist assesses the needs of individuals who are arrested and booked into the Milwaukee County Jail who are pending a bail setting decision. Using an actuarial risk assessment, the Jail Screening Specialist determines an individual’s risk for pretrial misconduct (defined as risk to miss court or be rearrested while out on bail) and prepares a detailed report used by criminal justice stakeholders to assist in making informed bail decisions. The Jail Screening Specialist also conducts a more in-depth assessment to identify individuals who may be eligible for treatment and diversion programming in Milwaukee County. Finally, this position will assist with location monitoring in the GPS program. Many of the individuals served experience mental health and/or substance use disorders; as such, this role requires an individual who is both empathetic and compassionate.
Duties include completing face-to-face interviews, pretrial risk assessments, and actuarial risk assessments for defendants booked into the Milwaukee County Jail; conducting criminal history and records checks; provide written reports for electronic submission to the court that include recommendations for bail and release conditions; entering and maintaining case information in the electronic database; processing and requesting release for individuals in custody to JusticePoint’s Pretrial Supervision program; and assisting with location tracking and device maintenance for the Electronic Monitoring program outside of regular business hours.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Ability to communicate professionally & accurately, both orally and written
- Organized, attentive to detail, ability to multi-task, work independently
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse economic, racial, and ethnic backgrounds and LGBTQ+ identities
- Fluency in Spanish, spoken and written preferred
- Previous experience working with criminal justice-involved clients preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Social Work, Psychology, or related human services field OR Associate’s degree with experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license and automobile with insurance
- Pass a pre-employment background check conducted by the Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Department
- Effective October 1, 2021, Milwaukee County requires all employees who work in a high-risk facility to have completed COVID-19 vaccinations and provide proof of vaccination or have submitted a completed medical or religious exception and accommodation request. All persons offered a position will be required to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination at the time of hire or have submitted prior to hire a completed medical or religious exemption and accommodation request and been approved for an exemption.
- Ascribe to & champion The Difference Principles
Full-time; salary w/benefits; 1st shift Sunday-Thursday 6a-230p
Starting Salary: $34,500
JusticePoint is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Location: Milwaukee, WIRead the full article at: https://www.jobsthathelp.com/job/justicepoint-milwaukee-wi-jail-screening-specialist-1st-shift-nov/