The Mental Health Case Worker (CommCSI) position is responsible for providing a wide array of culturally sensitive, recovery oriented, trauma sensitive, direct clinical services provided in conjunction with other staff. Services provided by this position may include assessment, treatment planning, referrals, and case management. The Mental Health Case Worker provides comprehensive clinical services to consumers in community settings. The Case Worker will work within an interdisciplinary team to provide day to day services to adults living with a serious mental illness and substance abuse; including assisting consumers with their rehabilitation efforts, supportive psychotherapy, education and support, medication monitoring and deliveries, and assessing mental status and symptomology. The Case Worker will also complete timely and professional documentation. The Mental Health Case Worker reports directly to the assigned supervisor with overall program supervision provided by the Clinical Team Manager. Minimum annual service hours are 1352.
This position is included in the professional bargaining unit. You can read about the many benefits of working at JMHC on our careers page.
Journey Mental Health Center (JMHC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the agency’s belief that staff diversity and cultural humility are the foundation for services, which are accessible, effective, and relevant to the diverse needs of our consumers.
Bachelor’s degree in a related behavioral health field.
- 6 months post bachelor’s degree experience in a related behavioral health field.
- Commitment to work toward improving cultural sensitivity and inclusion.
- Strong commitment to principles of recovery and to facilitating consumer participation in treatment/service planning and provision.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices for treatment of mental health and co-occurring disorders.
- Experience in mental health and substance abuse assessment, case management, treatment planning and crisis resolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing).
- Ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary team with a positive and creative attitude.
- Ability to work independently and remain organized and efficient.
- Superior ethics and interpersonal boundaries as evidenced by experience in community-based work with related professional references.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, a favorable driving record, adequate insurance (per WI law) and access to a vehicle with willingness to use it for work (i.e., transporting consumers.
Typical Physical Demands
Requires driving, sitting, standing, light lifting, bending, and reaching; and the ability to use and operate standard office equipment, including computer, calculator, phone, printer, cell phone, facsimile, etc.
May require evening or weekend hours depending on program and consumer’s needs.
- Experience in community mental health.
- Certification or licensure in applicable behavioral health/substance abuse field or ability to acquire.
- Bi-lingual, and/or bi-cultural (Spanish/Hmong/Cambodian).
- Fluent in American Sign Language.
- Experience with use of evidence-based practices in mental health, and substance abuse.
A. Provision of Clinical Services
- Performs accurate assessments to initially evaluate mental health, as well as alcohol and other drug use issues in a culturally sensitive, recovery oriented, trauma sensitive manner.
- Provides a range of clinical services in conjunction with program staff including outreach, assessment, treatment planning, referral, and case management in a context that is supportive of the consumer’s culture, values, and perspectives.
- Completes accurate clinical records including intakes, assessments, treatment plans and updates, progress notes, discharge summaries, and other information in a timely manner.
B. Program and JMHC Participation
- Attends staff meetings, in-services and other program activities as requested.
- Participates in JMHC committees, trainings and activities as directed and/or approved.
Organization: Journey Mental Health Center
Job Location: Madison, WIRead the full article at: https://jobs.localjobnetwork.com/j/71136811?pc=604357AAAF