Briarpatch Youth Services has an exciting job opportunity for a skilled professional. The agency is a dynamic non-profit community organization that has served Dane County since 1971. Briarpatch provides a broad array of services to more than 3,000 runaway, homeless, at-risk, and court-involved youth annually. The individual in this position will perform a variety of duties in support of the Youth Restitution Program (YRP) and the Director of Finance. Job duties include data entry, compiling statistical reports, handling restitution payments, interaction with victims of juvenile crime, personnel administration and office management.
• High school diploma or GED is required. College degree and human services experience are preferred.
• Proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, and Excel is required. Experience with Access and PowerPoint desired.
• Requires a detail-oriented skill set with the ability to multi-task in an organized and flexible manner.
• Prior experience working in an office environment in a support capacity is preferred.
• Experience working with a diverse cross section of people is important.
• The ideal candidate will not simply pay attention to details, they will accurately attend to the details.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Establish client and victim case files in a timely manner. Ensure that information entered into the agency’s database is complete and accurate.
• Monitor progress of court ordered youth as they complete community service and/or restitution obligations. This includes processing restitution payments and keeping detailed case notes.
• Generate victim correspondence and allocate victim payments.
• Provide monthly reports to social workers and court personnel.
• Assist with set up and orientation of new Briarpatch staff and interns.
• Complete various tasks related to personnel administration, including establishing and updating personnel files, and monitoring expiring documents.
• Perform a variety of office related duties including data entry, filing, ordering supplies, communicating with vendors, processing incoming and outgoing mail.
• Assist with accounts receivable/payable, payroll, and annual audit.
• Assist other agency programs administratively as requested.
Hours: 40 Hours per week Monday-Friday.
Transportation: Reliable transportation to work required.
Compensation Package: Starting pay is $41,600 per year
Benefits include: health, dental, life, & disability insurance; paid holidays; SEP/403B
Organization: Briarpatch Youth Services
Job Location: Madison, WI