Description: We’re looking for a therapist to provide individual and family therapy to children and non-offending caregivers who are affected by childhood sexual abuse and trauma.
About us: Canopy Center is a non-profit agency located in Madison, Wisconsin that provides services to children and families in our community impacted by trauma and adversity. Canopy Center’s Oasis program offers individual, family, and group therapy to people who have been affected by incest and child sexual abuse. The Oasis program model strives to increase the healthy functioning of families who participate in the program by helping children and non-offending parents and caregivers incorporate the experience of the abuse into their lives, in a manner that reduces the effects of abuse and helps stop the cycle of abuse. A second goal of the program is to help non-offending parents and caregivers learn more effective and protective strategies to better parent their child and to strengthen their relationship. For families impacted by incest, we work to support the family through the reunification process in collaboration with other involved professionals. The Oasis program offers a variety of treatment modalities including Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Play Therapy, Child Parent Psychotherapy, and EMDR. Currently all fees for services are covered under grant and contract funding. In addition, the Oasis program is proud to contribute to the education and learning of students training to become trauma-informed mental health providers through internship opportunities.
Qualifications: Must have a master’s degree in Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work or related field and be licensed or working towards licensure in their discipline in the State of Wisconsin. Must have experience providing individual and family therapy to children, working with victims of trauma, understanding the dynamics of abuse within families, child development, and trauma assessment. Significant training or willingness to obtain training in one or more of the following modalities is required: Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Play Therapy, EMDR, IFS, somatic therapy, body-based treatments, mindfulness, and/or CPP. Knowledge of and demonstrated skill in providing culturally sensitive, trauma-informed services. Must have energy, enthusiasm and desire for working with children and also the ability to work well with non-offending parents and adult survivors. Strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual (English-Spanish) applicants encouraged.
Some things you would do:
* Provide ongoing therapy services to a caseload of 12-15 clients
* Provide brief intervention services to victims and families prior to engaging in ongoing therapy services
* Work with Oasis Administrative Director to assist in referral process
* Attend program and agency staff meetings
To succeed you should be:
Team oriented, compassionate, and empathetic
Position Details/Official Duties:
● Provide clinical assessment and sexual abuse focused treatment to children (5-18) and non-offending caregivers
● Provide crisis counseling and mental health referrals as needed
● Facilitate therapy groups when needed
● Collaborate with the clinical team to assess the appropriateness of treatment for ongoing and potential clients.
● Support a trauma-informed environment
● Develop and maintain continuing education in methods of counseling and advocacy that are most effective for marginalized survivors based on their race, ethnicity, gender, gender identification, religion, age, ability, or other
● Develop, implement and document treatment plans for all clients
● Collaborate with legal system, human services, outside therapists and other providers as a member of a coordinated treatment team, as appropriate
● Provide case management services and make appropriate referrals, as needed
● Accompany clients to legal proceedings for emotional support and assist clients with victim statements, as needed
● Keep appropriate records and maintain client files per program policy using an electronic record keeping program
● Network, collaborate and advocate within community: make community education presentations and participate in community committees when appropriate
● Participate in team and supervision meetings, internal treatment team coordination meetings and agency staff meetings
● Attend program and agency trainings and in-services
● Maintain a commitment to professional self-evaluation, continuing education, self-care and personal improvement
● Conduct employee self-evaluation process and personal/professional goal setting
● Individual clinical supervision required a minimum of once per week
● Maintain upkeep and professional appearance of personal/shared workspace
Other duties as assigned.
Hours 30-35 hours per week. Evening hours (until 7:30pm) on Thursdays. Required team meeting once a week and staff meeting once a month. Remaining hours are more flexible but as needed to meet client and program needs. Physical Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Salary and Benefits:
$37,440-$56,160 annually based on hours/week and qualifications. Long-term disability and life insurance policy premiums paid in full by agency. Health insurance is available for employees working 30 or more hours per week, with single coverage paid 90% by the agency. SIMPLE IRA payroll contribution available with agency match of 1-3%. A full Benefits Summary is included in the application packet. Well-appointed and modern office and therapy spaces, plus access to therapeutic resources. $2000 Hiring bonus for Licensed Therapist.
Download application packet from website at http://canopycenter.org/how-to-help/careers.html, or contact HR
at email@example.com to receive an application packet. Must return all of the following:
● Cover letter;
● List of three professional references;
● Answers to application questions;
● Completed employee verification, authorization, and release statement; and
● Federal reporting form.
The position will be posted until filled
Organization: Canopy Center
Job Location: Madison, WIRead the full article at: https://canopycenter.org/file_download/inline/98499f77-4b9d-43b4-bc37-98b71c9255ae