Are you an engaging speaker looking to make a difference in our community? We are looking for our Youth Violence Prevention Advocate to facilitate our primary prevention program, Men Encouraging Nonviolent Strength (MENS) Club with culturally diverse youth and work with a variety of groups throughout Dane County to tailor presentations and workshops that raise awareness around domestic violence issues. If you have experience facilitating and working with youth, effective public speaking skills, and experience planning and co-facilitating workshops, we would like to hear from you!
Organization: Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS)
Location: Madison, WI
Starting wage $19-20/hour depending on qualifications
Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS) empowers those affected by domestic violence and advocates for social change through support, education, and outreach. DAIS envisions a nonviolent community that actively promotes safety, peace, justice, and hope.
Summary of Primary Duties (not an all-inclusive list)
• In partnership with school and community partners, coordinates, and facilitates primary prevention programming (MENS Club) with maleidentified adolescents ages 13-21
• Plans, develops, and conducts presentations within our community
• Conducts skills-based training for professionals
• Assists in planning and conducting sessions of DAIS New Advocate Training
• Coordinates, develops, and implements community-based primary prevention programming targeted at the prevention of dating, domestic and sexual violence
• Tracks performance outcomes for program evaluation and grant reporting purposes
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. You don’t need 100% of the preferred qualifications to add incredible value to our team. Our clients come
from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, and you meet the minimum
requirements of the position, we’d love to hear from you. Persons of color and LGBTQIA+ individuals are encouraged to apply, as the strength of our team stems from our diversity. DAIS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
• A four-year college or university degree is preferred though relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Effective public speaking and presentation skills required.
• Experience utilizing multi-media presentation tools required.
• Experience in using virtual platforms such as Zoom required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Experience working with diverse populations strongly preferred.
• Experience in group facilitation with youth strongly preferred.
• Expertise in domestic violence issues strongly preferred.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
• Valid Wisconsin driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance & access to a car during work hours
How to apply:
• Submit the following 3 things:
✓ Cover letter – tell us a little about yourself
✓ Resume – tell us what you’ve done in the past
✓ DAIS Application for Employment – found on our website at https://abuseintervention.org/jobs/
• Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
• Complete applications may be submitted:
▪ Via our website: https://abuseintervention.org/jobs/
▪ Via email as an attachment to: email@example.com
▪ Via fax or US Mail (address & fax number available on website)
*Benefit package includes:
• Generous PTO accrual (20 hours/month, increases after year 2)
• 10 paid holidays/year
• DAIS pays 80% of health & dental insurance premiums
• Vision Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account
• Life & Accidental Death Insurance
• Short-term & Long-term Disability plans
• Employee Assistance Program (provides free legal,
financial & work-life services)
• 401(k) plan