Job Title: Connections Advocate Program and TLU Coordinator
Description: The individual in this position will supervise, manage, and support the Connections Advocate Program and Teens Like Us (TLU) Youth Group working with adolescent youth and their families.
- Dedication to working with youth and families, particularly youth that identify as members of the queer community.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a human services discipline or related field, or at least 2 years of experience in a youth development setting.
- Ability to connect and collaborate with a variety of resources and programs in Dane County.
- Understanding of Social and Emotional Learning processes and Positive Youth Development approaches.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, and other common workplace applications.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience with gender studies or equivalent preferred
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participates in best practices training from current TLU and Connections Advocates staff.
- Provides counseling and supervises counselors who are providing counseling, case management, and supportive services to runaway, homeless, and unaccompanied youth.
- Coordinates the collection of information necessary to submit accurate and timely reports to funding and/or regulatory agencies.
- Monitors program compliance with agency policies and procedures regarding client documentation and reporting standards.
- Ensures appropriate service referrals for clients to programs within Briarpatch as well as our community partners.
- Co-facilitates competency development groups and helps staff develop group curriculum.
- Works with school district teachers and staff to ensure program participants’ educational achievement.
- Participates in weekly TLU youth group meetings (virtual and in-person formats).
- Staffs community resource and outreach events to increase awareness of program services for youth.
- Participate in the planning of the agency’s annual Pride Prom
To apply, candidates must submit a resume and cover letter by October 4, 2023. to:
Briarpatch Youth Services
Attn: Human Resources
2720 Rimrock Road
Fitchburg, WI 53713-3337
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org