Come join us! We’re looking for someone who’s responsible, organized, and a good communicator to help our volunteers provide services for our supervised visitation program, Parent to Child.
About us: Canopy Center is a non-profit agency located in Madison, Wisconsin that provides services to children and families in our community impacted by trauma and adversity. Canopy Center’s Parent to Child (P2C) program provides supervised visits between children and a biological parent who is ordered to or has agreed to supervised visits. These visits are provided in a safe and neutral setting with trained supervisors. This program has been operating since 2015.
We offer a safe environment and are able to serve families with sensitive situations, such as domestic abuse issues, and restraining or no-contact orders.
Job Title: Case Coordinator
Position summary: The Case Coordinator schedules and arranges volunteer support for all supervised visitation cases on caseload. They provide professional staff support to volunteers and interns, reviewing volunteer case notes, covering visits as needed, and serving as go-between for clients, volunteers, and caseworkers.
Qualifications: The Case Coordinator position requires the ability to communicate with, supervise, and empower volunteers to be effective in their role; the ability to work cooperatively with different personality types; knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics within families in crisis relating to child abuse and neglect and supervised visitation service provision; comfort level with working with families, social workers and attorneys; and excellent writing and proof-reading skills. The case coordinator position requires the ability to understand and enforce policies within the program. The case coordinator position requires the ability to make quick decisions, especially in cases when child safety is at issue. Ability to speak publically to provide training to volunteers and interns, and in a court setting, as needed.
Some things you would do:
- Be there for a new volunteer during their first visit, modeling proper supervision during the visit and responding to their questions and concerns afterward.
- Schedule visits for a new family.
- Review supervision notes written by a volunteer for clarity and objectivity, providing constructive feedback.
- Arrange visit coverage for a volunteer who calls in sick.
To succeed, you should be:
Responsible, organized, and a good communicator.
- Assist in training of new volunteers
- Volunteer supervision
- Assist with diversity efforts
- Accept new cases and assist with assignment of appropriate volunteers/interns, in consultation with the Program Director
- Review all reports prior to submission to county social workers
- Accompany volunteers to first visits with assigned family
- Provide support and assistance to volunteers
- Participate in volunteer/intern evaluations as assigned by the Program Director
- Assist with volunteer appreciation efforts
- Prepare and distribute case assignment documentation
- Help develop initial case plans and ongoing strategies for supervised visits
- Rotating night and weekend office coverage
- Supervising visits on an as needed basis
- Maintain case files in office
- Maintain case tracking database
- Attend team meetings or other engagements when volunteers/interns are unable to attend or need support
- Correspond with other professionals on cases when volunteers/interns need assistance
- Assist in tracking program data, statistics and/or compiling reports as requested
- Assist on general P2C matters as needed, including special events
- Assist in developing program improvements and initiatives, including parent assessment and education/skill training
- Attend staff meetings and assist in the evaluation and improvement of the program
- Work with P2C staff on supervised visitation best practices
- Provide program coverage as assigned by the Program Director
- Attend conferences/seminars/meetings as needed or requested by the Program Director
- Participate in performance evaluations of this position as directed by the Program Director
Fill out the online Employment Application on the Careers page of the Canopy Center website, https://canopycenter.org/how-to-help/careers.html, including a cover letter and resume with submission.
Questions regarding the position or your application can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position will be posted until filled.