- History and Traditions
- Student Involvement
- Life in Madison
- Students with Disabilities
- Focus on Diversity
- How Are We Doing?
- Undergraduate Majors
- Full-Time MSW Program
- Part-Time MSW Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Field Education
- Practice Skills Lab
Your Support is Vital
Our sincere thanks to those alumni and friends who generously support the School of Social Work. Private gifts help the School attract students and provide them with financial support, enable faculty to engage in research that addresses the increasingly complex needs of our society, support student activities, and foster an atmosphere conducive to the development of excellent social work practitioners.
Listed below are several funds to which you may wish to contribute as well as information about how you can make a gift to the School. The School is also very grateful to those alumni and friends who have established student scholarships or funded special projects in their own names or to honor their spouses, family members, friends, or colleagues.
A Special Opportunity
Alumni or friends of the School who make their first contribution to the School of Social Work in 2016 will be automatically entered in a prize drawing for gift cards. For more information, please see the Sweepstakes Rules.
School of Social Work Funds
- The School of Social Work Fund allows the School to allocate funds where the need is greatest. Contributions are used to support a wide range of student and faculty activities as well as promote overall program needs and goals.
- The Student Support Fund provides money for need and merit-based student scholarships, and enables students to participate in workshops, conferences, and other educational experiences.
The School of Social Work awards a number of named scholarships and awards in honor or in memory of spouses, family members, friends, or colleagues. Please see the full listing of scholarships and awards for undergraduate and MSW students and Ph.D. students.
- The Alfred Kadushin Dissertation Research Award was recently established to honor the memory of esteemed Professor Alfred Kadushin, who taught at the School of Social Work for more than 40 years. As Professor Kadushin was one of the nation's leading scholars in child welfare services, social work and social work education, the award will primarily support doctoral students conducting research in the area of child welfare.
Named funds can also support distinguished lecture series and other opportunities at the School:
- The Roberta Gassman School of Social Work Opportunities Fund provides student achievement awards, assists the School in the recruitment and retention of students of color, and advances social work policy research to support programs addressing poverty and the needs of people with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in making a gift to the School of Social Work. If you wish to contribute online, you may do so through the University Foundation's secure website. We thank you!
If you prefer to submit your gift by check, please make your check payable to the UW Foundation/School of Social Work, and send it to the attention of:
Alumni Relations and Development
School of Social Work, UW-Madison
1350 University Ave.
Madison, WI 53706
Please indicate which fund you would like to support, if you are interested in supporting a scholarship or other fund. The UW Foundation calls many alumni each year to solicit their support. If you are called, please be clear that you would like your donation to be directed to the School of Social Work.
If you would like to discuss establishing a new School of Social Work scholarship or fund, or have questions or suggestions about supporting the School, please contact Mel Morgenbesser, Alumni Relations and Development (608-263-3670), or Dr. Stephanie Robert, Director, School of Social Work (608-263-3671).
To learn about other ways of supporting the School such as making a gift of securities, making life-income gifts, or including the School in your estate plans, please contact Andrew Kitslaar at the University of Wisconsin Foundation (608-263-1658).
Matching Gifts by Employers
Many employers will match an employee's donation, doubling or tripling the gift to the University. If your employer's program includes a printed form, please complete the form and send it to:
University of Wisconsin Foundation
Gift Processing Department
1848 University Ave.
Madison, WI 53726-4090
If you would like more information on matching gifts, please contact Sue Woods at the University of Wisconsin Foundation (608-265-2215). It is also possible to look up your employer on the University of Wisconsin Foundation website and see if there are known matching gift opportunities.