- This event has passed.
Introduction to Motivational Interviewing (MI) Virtual Webinar
November 13, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 8:30 am on Friday, repeating until November 13, 2020
Friday, November 6 & Friday, November 13, 2020
8:30am – 4:30pm
Registration: 8:00 – 8:30am
13 CEU’s Provided!
· Describe motivational interviewing: purpose, benefits and limitations
· Summarize each of the 4 processes in motivational interviewing
· Prepare to apply the spirit of motivational interviewing to client interactions
· Observe and practice fundamental skills: listening, open-ended questions, affirmations, reflective listening and summarization
· Define and summarize the processes of focusing and evoking
· Define and recognize change talk, sustain talk and discordance
· Differentiate between client cues of readiness, ambivalence and discordance
· Construct effective responses to different client cues
· Design a plan for advancing individual MI skills
LINK TO REGISTER: https://uwmadison.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bw1h1OJOWftCs9n
Please note: This webinar is a repeat from last year’s Morrissey-sponsored workshop.