The Part-Time MSW Program at UW-Madison allows students who are not able to pursue full-time study to work towards a master’s degree in a hybrid format: a combination of online and in-person sessions. In-person sessions take place every other Saturday on our Madison campus. Online sessions/courses are held either asynchronous and/or synchronous (remote meetings via Zoom). Students should plan to be on campus each semester and available each Saturday for class.
- Learn from seasoned instructors who are social work practitioners currently in the field
- Small class sizes lead to strong cohort bonds
- Field placement may be offered in your home community
- Build connections with your instructors and classmates that last beyond graduation
- Same curriculum as our Full-Time MSW Program
- Courses offered on Saturdays, beginning at 9:00 am allowing time to commute for in-person sessions
- $800 per credit tuition (plus fees) for in and out-of-state residents
Sample Course Schedules
Generalist years: The first two years of study for people without Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree.
Advanced Practice Specialization years: MSW students complete an advanced practice specialization in one of two social problem focus areas in the final two years.